by Criss White
A cake is an excellent treat at any party, especially baby showers and bridal showers. Asides from making a great centerpiece for your snack table, cakes are a delicious treat that everyone will enjoy. Here are some of the most popular flavors for cakes:
1) Cheesecake - Cheesecake has always been a top cake flavor for exquisite occasions. Like other cakes, they can also be decorated with custom lettering specific for your special occasion.
2) Funnel Cake - Funnel cake is another great party cake. It is not so big, so it does not usually serve as a centerpiece. Nevertheless, it is not difficult to make and can be a nice treat for your guests.
3) Chocolate Cake - Chocolate has always been a popular flavor, particularly among women, so it is no surprise that chocolate cake is one of our top ten shower cakes.
4) Ice Cream Cake - Ice cream cakes are a delicious treat, combining two party favorites - ice cream and cake. These cakes are also decorated to suit your occasion. Although such cakes are challenging to make at home, they can be purchased from your local bakery.
5) Pound Cake - Another common cake that often makes its way into baby and bridal shower celebrations is the pound cake. These cakes are often sliced into less filling segments than other cakes and are a nice complement to other snacks.
6) Carrot Cake - Carrot cake is another cake that is commonly available at celebrations and usually contains sweet decorative icing.
7) Red Velvet Cake - This layered cake is a popular southern cake and contains both vanilla and cocoa.
8) Strawberry Cake - Strawberry cake is another favorite, especially at parties where there are kids. Fresh strawberry toppings can make these cakes even more tempting.
9) Pineapple Upside-down Cake - Another sweet treat is the pineapple upside-down cake. Although this cake is rarely the centerpiece, it is often a popular choice on the snack table.
10) Dirt Cake - Dirt cakes look like dirt, but taste like cake. These cakes have many creative possibilities. As an example, for a baby shower, the dirt cake can be placed in a flowerpot shaped container and then baby feet lollipops can be planted in the dirt to make an eye-catching decoration.
There are other cakes, like banana cake, and many more. Cakes are a fine food idea for any party and will be greatly appreciated by your guests.
About the Author
Criss White is a professional web writer on baby and new mother topics for baby and pregnancy websites. For more related articles, go to Baby Shower Cakes (http://www.101babyshowerideas.com/bscakes.htm) and Baby Shower Food (http://www.101babyshowerideas.com/bsfood.htm). Note: If you find this article useful, you may reprint it on your website, e-zine, or in your newsletter as long as the credits above remain in tact and the hyperlinks stay active.