1. Cook vegetables, covered in boiling salted water for the time specified.
2. Add 1/2 - 1 tsp salt per pound of vegetables (optional).
1. Place a steamer basket in a saucepan.
2. Add water to just below the bottom of the steamer basket.
3. Bring to boil.
4. Add vegetables to steamer basket.
5. Cover and reduce heat.
6. Steam for the time specified.
1. Put vegetables, salt and water in casserole.
2. Cover and microwave at high for the time specified.
3. Stir after 1/2 the cooking time.
4. Salt – 1/2 - 1 tsp salt per pound of vegetables (Optional).
5. Water – 2 tbl (1/4 cup for Brussels Sprouts).
1. Use a wok or a large deep skillet or fry pan.
2. Add oil and lift and tilt the wok to distribute the oil evenly on the bottom of the pan.
3. Preheat the wok on medium-high heat for 1 minute.
4. To test the oil for proper heat, add a vegetable piece, if it sizzles, it’s ready.
5. Don’t overload wok.
6. Stir fry for time specified.
Note: All times are approximate.
Microwave Frozen Vegetables
1. Put frozen vegetables in a casserole dish.
2. Add water and salt.
3. Cover and microwave at high for the recommended time.
4. Stir once 1/2 way through cooking time.
5. Let stand covered 2 minutes.
6. Salt – 1/2 tsp (Optional).
7. Water – 2 tbl
Microwave Canned Vegetables
1. Put canned vegetables in a casserole dish.
2. Cover and microwave at high for the recommended time.